Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Hawaiian Flower Nails

It's almost Summer, and I really wish I was in Hawaii right now.  So, here's how I paint my nails with a Hawaiian-inspired flower!

What you'll need:
 ~ Clear nail polish
 ~ A color of your choice
 ~ White nail polish
 ~ A toothpick




1. Paint your clear coat (so your nails won't turn yellow from the polish)



2. Pick a bright color and paint 2 coats. I love pink :)











3. Take your white polish and make 5 dots on your nail. Make sure they aren't so huge that there is an overflow of polish, but that there is still a bit of a glob of polsih.....if that makes any sense. Just make sure it isn't too thin.




4. Do this to all 5 of your fingers on one hand. Now go back to the first finger you painted. Use your toothpick to start in the middle of each dot and drag it to the center. THIS IS IMPORTANT! The reason you need to go back to the first finger is because the effect is much better once you have let the "globs" dry a bit so that they are similiar to the consistancy of gel.




5. Let your fingers dry for a couple minutes. (or 10 seconds if you wanna cheat like me)


6. Paint a clear coat on top and you're done!!




I hope you guys enjoy trying this out on yourselves :) Be creative! If you don't want to do the flowers on all your fingers, do only your thumb and ring finger. If you want to use multiple colors, go for it!! I love doing this year round but it's really great for the Summer.


No comments:

Post a Comment